Logical Reasoning - Statement and Assumption
In each question below is given a statement followed by two assumptions numbered I and II. You have to consider the statement and the following assumptions and decide which of the assumptions is implicit in the statement.
- (A) If only assumption I is implicit
- (B) If only assumption II is implicit
- (C) If either I or II is implicit
- (D) If neither I nor II is implicit
- (E) If both I and II are implicit.
Statement: The government has set up a fact finding mission to look into the possible reasons for the recent violence in the area.
- The mission may be able to come up with credible information about the incidents.
- The people in the area may cooperate with the mission and come forward to give detailed information related to the incidents.
Statement: I cannot contact you on phone from Karshik.
- Telephone facility is not available at Karshik.
- Nowadays it is difficult to contact on phone.
Statement: I have written several letters to the branch manager regarding my account in the bank but did not receive any reply so far.
- Branch manager is expected to read letters received from the customer.
- Branch manager is expected to reply to the letters received from the customers.
Statement: "Use our product to improve memory of our child. It is based on natural herbs and has no harmful side effects." - An advertisement of a pharmaceutical company.
- People generally opt for a medical product which is useful and has no harmful side effects.
- Improving memory of child is considered as important by many parents.
Statement: "If I am not well you will have to go for the meeting." - A manager tells his subordinate.
- It is not necessary that only manager level personnel attend the meeting.
- If the manager is well, he would himself like to go for the meeting.