Logical Reasoning - Statement and Assumption
In each question below is given a statement followed by two assumptions numbered I and II. You have to consider the statement and the following assumptions and decide which of the assumptions is implicit in the statement.
- (A) If only assumption I is implicit
- (B) If only assumption II is implicit
- (C) If either I or II is implicit
- (D) If neither I nor II is implicit
- (E) If both I and II are implicit.
Statement: Please consult us before making any decision on investment.
- You may take a wrong decision if you don't consult us.
- It is important to take a right decision.
Statement: The Parent Teacher Association (PTA) of a school has informed the Principal that they will not send their children to the school unless the school - authority reduces the fees with immediate effect.
- Majority of the parents may agree with the PTA and may not send their wards with the school
- The school authority may accede to the demand of the PTA and reduce the fees.
Statement: "Those who are appearing for this examination for the first time should be helped in filling up the form." - An instruction to invigilating staff.
- The form is somewhat complicated.
- Candidates can appear more than once for this examination.
Statement: Success is how much a person bounces up after hitting the bottom.
- Success requires conscious efforts without being discouraged by failure.
- Failure cannot be considered an acceptable thing.
Statement: The company has the right to reject any application form without furnishing any reason while sorting the list of candidates for interview - A condition mentioned in the employment notice.
- It is desirable to call only eligible candidates for interview.
- The company believes in following impartial practice in all its functions.