Logical Reasoning - Statement and Assumption
In each question below is given a statement followed by two assumptions numbered I and II. You have to consider the statement and the following assumptions and decide which of the assumptions is implicit in the statement.
- (A) If only assumption I is implicit
- (B) If only assumption II is implicit
- (C) If either I or II is implicit
- (D) If neither I nor II is implicit
- (E) If both I and II are implicit.
Statement: Many historians have done more harm than good by distorting truth.
- People believe what is reported by the historians.
- Historians are seldom expected to depict the truth.
Statement: "As there is a great demand, every person seeking tickets of the programme will be given only five tickets."
- The organizers are not keen on selling the tickets.
- No one is interested in getting more than five tickets.
Statement: "Computer education should start at schools itself."
- Learning computers is easy.
- Computer education fetches jobs easily.
Statement: If he is intelligent, he will pass the examination.
- To pass, he must be intelligent.
- He will pass the examination.
Statement: Today I must satisfy myself only by looking at a pink headed duck in an encyclopaedia.
- Pink headed ducks are as good as extinct now.
- People refer to encyclopaedia to know only about things which do not exist now.