Logical Reasoning - Statement and Assumption
In each question below is given a statement followed by three assumptions numbered I, II and III. You have to consider the statement and the following assumptions, decide which of the assumptions is implicit in the statement and choose your answer accordingly.
Statement: "Wanted a two bedroom flat in the court area for immediate possession." - An advertisement.
- Flats are available in court area.
- Some people will respond to the advertisement.
- It is a practice to give such an advertisement.
Statement: This book is so prepared that even a layman can study science in the absence of a teacher.
- A layman wishes to study science without a teacher.
- A teacher may not always be available to teach science.
- A layman generally finds it difficult to learn science on its own.
Statement: "We do not want you to see our product on newspaper, visit our shop to get a full view." - An advertisement.
- People generally decide to purchase any product after seeing the name in the advertisement.
- Uncommon appeal may attract the customers.
- People may come to see the product.
Statement: There is big boom in drug business and a number of jhuggi-jhopari dwellers in Delhi can be seen pedalling with small pouches of smack and brown sugar.
- Drug addiction is increasing in the country, specially in the capital.
- All the big dons involved in the smuggling of drugs live in jhuggi-jhopari areas.
- Most of the jhuggi-jhopari dwellers would do anything for money.
Statement: "X-chocolate is ideal as a gift for someone you love." - An advertisement.
- People generally give gifts to loved ones.
- Such advertisements generally influence people.
- Chocolate can be considered as a gift item.