Logical Reasoning - Statement and Assumption
In each question below is given a statement followed by two assumptions numbered I and II. You have to consider the statement and the following assumptions and decide which of the assumptions is implicit in the statement.
- (A) If only assumption I is implicit
- (B) If only assumption II is implicit
- (C) If either I or II is implicit
- (D) If neither I nor II is implicit
- (E) If both I and II are implicit.
Statement: "To keep myself up-to-date, I always listen to 9.00 p.m. news on radio."- A candidate tells the interview board.
- The candidate does not read newspaper.
- Recent news is broadcast only on radio.
Statement: The entire north India, including Delhi and the neighbouring states remained 'powerless' the whole day of 19th December as the northern grid supplying electricity to the seven states collapsed yet again.
- The northern grid had collapsed earlier.
- The grid system of providing electricity to a group of states is an ineffective type of power supply system.
Statement: Believe me, I have read it in newspaper X.
- Newspaper X gives reliable information/news.
- I am reporting exactly as it is given in newspaper X.
Statement: Many people have expressed surprise as the princess has broken the royal tradition of marriage by choosing a commoner as her life partner.
- People expect royal families to observe customs and traditions.
- People still value 'purity of royal blood' and 'status' when it comes to a marriage of members of royal family.
Statement: Highly brilliant and industrious students do not always excel in the written examination.
- The written examination is good mainly for mediocre students.
- The brilliant and industrious students cannot always write good answers in the exam