Logical Reasoning - Statement and Assumption
In each question below is given a statement followed by two assumptions numbered I and II. You have to consider the statement and the following assumptions and decide which of the assumptions is implicit in the statement.
- (A) If only assumption I is implicit
- (B) If only assumption II is implicit
- (C) If either I or II is implicit
- (D) If neither I nor II is implicit
- (E) If both I and II are implicit.
Statement: All the employees are notified that the organisation will provide transport facilities at half cost from the nearby railway station to the office except those who have been provided with travelling allowance.
- Most of the employees will travel by the office transport.
- Those who are provided with travelling allowance will not read such notice.
Statement: The government has decided to hold the employers responsible for deducting tax at source for all its employees.
- The employers may still not arrange to deduct tax at source for its employees.
- The employees may not allow the employers to deduct tax at source.
Statement: Whenever you have any doubt on this subject, you may refer to the book by Enn and Enn.
- The book by Enn and Enn is available.
- There is no other book on this subject.
Statement: I can take you quickly from Kanpur to Lucknow by my cab but then you must pay me double the normal charges,
- Normally, it will take more time to reach Lucknow from Kanpur.
- People want to reach quickly but they will not pay extra money for it.
Statement: "I would like to study the impact of pay revision on job satisfaction of employees." - A tells B.
- Job satisfaction can be measured.
- A has necessary competence to undertake such study.