Logical Reasoning - Statement and Assumption
In each question below is given a statement followed by two assumptions numbered I and II. You have to consider the statement and the following assumptions and decide which of the assumptions is implicit in the statement.
- (A) If only assumption I is implicit
- (B) If only assumption II is implicit
- (C) If either I or II is implicit
- (D) If neither I nor II is implicit
- (E) If both I and II are implicit.
Statement: The General Administration Department has issued a circular to all the employees informing them that henceforth the employees can avail their lunch break at any of the half-hour slots between 1.00 p.m. and 2.30 p.m.
- The employees may welcome the decision and avail lunch break at different time's slots.
- There may not be any break in the work of the organization as the employees will have their lunch break at different time slots.
Statement: Lock your valuables in a cupboard and call everybody gentleman.
- Valuables locked in cupboard cannot be stolen.
- Stealing is a crime.
Statement: "The function will start at 3 P.M. You are requested to take your seats before 3 P.M." - Last sentence in an invitation card.
- If the invitee is not in his seat before 3 P.M., the function will not start.
- Function will start as scheduled.
Statement: The two countries have signed a fragile pact, but the vital sovereignty issue remains unresolved.
- The two countries cannot have permanent peace pact.
- The two countries may become hostile again after a short spell of time.
Statement: Government aided schools should have uniformity in charging various fees.
- The Government's subsidy comes from the money collected by way of taxes from people.
- The Government while giving subsidy may have stipulated certain uniform conditions regarding fees.