Logical Reasoning - Statement and Assumption
In each question below is given a statement followed by two assumptions numbered I and II. You have to consider the statement and the following assumptions and decide which of the assumptions is implicit in the statement.
- (A) If only assumption I is implicit
- (B) If only assumption II is implicit
- (C) If either I or II is implicit
- (D) If neither I nor II is implicit
- (E) If both I and II are implicit.
Statement: "In the recently imposed war, global public opinion was dishonoured by the economically strong and scientifically advanced superpower."
- Superpowers need not take any heed of global public opinion.
- Global public opinion must have been against the imposition of war.
Statement: How is it that the village is not shown in this so-called official map of this district?
- The official district map is expected to show all the villages of that district.
- This is not an authentic and official map.
Statement: The cost of living has gone up in India.
- The price of essential commodities has gone up in recent times.
- Many luxury goods are available in plenty in the country.
Statement: No budgetary provision for the purpose of appointing additional faculty would be made in the context of institute's changed financial priorities.
- Appointment of faculty requires funds.
- There are areas other than appointment of faculty which require more financial attention.
Statement: The economic condition of the country has gone from bad to worse.
- The government has failed to tackle economic problems.
- People are not cooperating with the government.