Logical Reasoning - Statement and Assumption
In each question below is given a statement followed by two assumptions numbered I and II. You have to consider the statement and the following assumptions and decide which of the assumptions is implicit in the statement.
- (A) If only assumption I is implicit
- (B) If only assumption II is implicit
- (C) If either I or II is implicit
- (D) If neither I nor II is implicit
- (E) If both I and II are implicit.
Statement: Science is a sort of news agency comparable in principle to other new agencies. But this news agency gives us information which is reliable to an extraordinary high degree due to elaborate techniques of verification and its capacity to survive centuries. So, science should be read with as much interest as we read news.
- Science encourages investigative spirit.
- People read news out of interest.
Statement: Deepak has a large collection of books and he keeps on purchasing new books to add to his collection.
- Deepak loves and cares for books.
- Deepak has read each and every book that he has purchased.
Statement: An advertisement in a newspaper - "Wanted unmarried, presentable, matriculate girls between 18 and 21, able to speak fluently in English to be taken as models."
- Fluency in English is a pre-requisite for good performance as a model.
- Height does not matter in performing as a model.
Statement: There has been a remarkable increase in the air traffic in India during the past few years.
- Travelling by air has become a status symbol now.
- Large numbers of peoples are able to afford air travel now.
Statement: "Blue tie would help us identify our staff from others." - A suggestion in a company.
- The company needs to identify its staff.
- Blue tie is the latest fashion.