Logical Reasoning - Statement and Assumption - Discussion
In each question below is given a statement followed by two assumptions numbered I and II. You have to consider the statement and the following assumptions and decide which of the assumptions is implicit in the statement.
- (A) If only assumption I is implicit
- (B) If only assumption II is implicit
- (C) If either I or II is implicit
- (D) If neither I nor II is implicit
- (E) If both I and II are implicit.
Statement: The cost of living has gone up in India.
- The price of essential commodities has gone up in recent times.
- Many luxury goods are available in plenty in the country.
What do you say guys?
II denotes an essential consequence of rise in the STANDARD of living, not the cost of living.
As such, II isn't implicit.
Anyone care to explain why I might be wrong?