Logical Reasoning - Statement and Assumption - Discussion
In each question below is given a statement followed by two assumptions numbered I and II. You have to consider the statement and the following assumptions and decide which of the assumptions is implicit in the statement.
- (A) If only assumption I is implicit
- (B) If only assumption II is implicit
- (C) If either I or II is implicit
- (D) If neither I nor II is implicit
- (E) If both I and II are implicit.
Statement: Many people have expressed surprise as the princess has broken the royal tradition of marriage by choosing a commoner as her life partner.
- People expect royal families to observe customs and traditions.
- People still value 'purity of royal blood' and 'status' when it comes to a marriage of members of royal family.
You can be in support of royals marrying commoners and be shocked a royal did it because 'you never thought you'd see the day'.