Logical Reasoning - Statement and Assumption - Discussion
In each question below is given a statement followed by two assumptions numbered I and II. You have to consider the statement and the following assumptions and decide which of the assumptions is implicit in the statement.
- (A) If only assumption I is implicit
- (B) If only assumption II is implicit
- (C) If either I or II is implicit
- (D) If neither I nor II is implicit
- (E) If both I and II are implicit.
Statement: Today I must satisfy myself only by looking at a pink headed duck in an encyclopaedia.
- Pink headed ducks are as good as extinct now.
- People refer to encyclopaedia to know only about things which do not exist now.
I think 2 should be the answer -People refer to the encyclopaedia to know only about things which do not exist now.