Logical Reasoning - Statement and Assumption
In each question below is given a statement followed by two assumptions numbered I and II. You have to consider the statement and the following assumptions and decide which of the assumptions is implicit in the statement.
- (A) If only assumption I is implicit
- (B) If only assumption II is implicit
- (C) If either I or II is implicit
- (D) If neither I nor II is implicit
- (E) If both I and II are implicit.
Statement: Why don't you invite Anthony for the Christmas party this year?
- Anthony is not from the same city.
- Unless invited Anthony will not attend the party.
Statement: Sachin wrote to his brother at Bangalore to collect personally the application form from the University for the Post-graduation Course in Mathematics.
- The University may issue application forms to a person other than the prospective student.
- Sachin's brother may receive the letter well before the last date of collecting application forms.
Statement: "Apply nets on windows to prevent the entrance of mosquitoes in the house."
- The entering of mosquitoes from entrances other than windows is desirable.
- Nets are not available to apply on doors.
Statement: Among all the articles, the prices of personal computers show the highest decline from June 2005 to December 2005.
- Comparative prices of all the articles in June and December 2005 were available.
- Prices of personal computers were higher in the first six months than the last six months of 2005.
Statement: Most people who stop smoking gain weight.
- If one stops smoking, one will gain weight.
- If one does not stop smoking, one will not gain weight.