Logical Reasoning - Statement and Assumption
In each question below is given a statement followed by two assumptions numbered I and II. You have to consider the statement and the following assumptions and decide which of the assumptions is implicit in the statement.
- (A) If only assumption I is implicit
- (B) If only assumption II is implicit
- (C) If either I or II is implicit
- (D) If neither I nor II is implicit
- (E) If both I and II are implicit.
Statement: "Please do not wait for me, I may be late, start taking lunch as soon as the guests arrive. - A message from a Director of a Company to his office managers.
- Keeping guests waiting is not desirable.
- Lunch may not be ready in time.
Statement: If you have any problems, bring them to me.
- You have some problems.
- I can solve any problem.
Statement: A sentence in the letter to the candidates called for written examination - 'You have to bear your expenses on travel etc'.
- If not clarified all the candidates may claim reimbursement of expenses.
- Many organizations reimburse expenses on travel to candidates called for written examination.
Statement: The State Government has abolished the scheme of providing concessional air ticket to students.
- Students will not travel by air in future.
- The students who resort to travel by air can bear the expenses of air ticket.
Statement: "To buy a X - T.V, contact Y - the sole agent of X-T.V." - An advertisement.
- People generally prefer to buy T.V. through sole agent.
- The T.V. producing companies do not sell their products directly.