Logical Reasoning - Statement and Assumption - Discussion
In each question below is given a statement followed by two assumptions numbered I and II. You have to consider the statement and the following assumptions and decide which of the assumptions is implicit in the statement.
- (A) If only assumption I is implicit
- (B) If only assumption II is implicit
- (C) If either I or II is implicit
- (D) If neither I nor II is implicit
- (E) If both I and II are implicit.
Statement: A sentence in the letter to the candidates called for written examination - 'You have to bear your expenses on travel etc'.
- If not clarified all the candidates may claim reimbursement of expenses.
- Many organizations reimburse expenses on travel to candidates called for written examination.
For 2nd statement, there is nothing mentioned about any organisations for reimbursement in the main statement.
So, it can be true or false. There is no certainty. So, neither of them is implicit.
Am I right?
If it was 'some' we would consider it.
Correct me, If I am wrong.
As nowhere it is stated about organisations reimbursing candidates.
But "may provoke SOME candidates" is a better implication.