Logical Reasoning - Statement and Assumption - Discussion
In each question below is given a statement followed by two assumptions numbered I and II. You have to consider the statement and the following assumptions and decide which of the assumptions is implicit in the statement.
- (A) If only assumption I is implicit
- (B) If only assumption II is implicit
- (C) If either I or II is implicit
- (D) If neither I nor II is implicit
- (E) If both I and II are implicit.
Statement: I cannot contact you on phone from Karshik.
- Telephone facility is not available at Karshik.
- Nowadays it is difficult to contact on phone.
It clearly states that the person cannot contact the other via phone, this does not mean that phones are non existent in the town. The answer is D (Neither I nor II is implicit).