Logical Reasoning - Statement and Assumption - Discussion
In each question below is given a statement followed by two assumptions numbered I and II. You have to consider the statement and the following assumptions and decide which of the assumptions is implicit in the statement.
- (A) If only assumption I is implicit
- (B) If only assumption II is implicit
- (C) If either I or II is implicit
- (D) If neither I nor II is implicit
- (E) If both I and II are implicit.
Statement: The government has set up a fact finding mission to look into the possible reasons for the recent violence in the area.
- The mission may be able to come up with credible information about the incidents.
- The people in the area may cooperate with the mission and come forward to give detailed information related to the incidents.
It is not necessary that government is for the welfare of the general public, so 2 should be true we cannot deduce anything about the public.