Logical Reasoning - Statement and Assumption
In each question below is given a statement followed by two assumptions numbered I and II. You have to consider the statement and the following assumptions and decide which of the assumptions is implicit in the statement.
- (A) If only assumption I is implicit
- (B) If only assumption II is implicit
- (C) If either I or II is implicit
- (D) If neither I nor II is implicit
- (E) If both I and II are implicit.
Statement: The State government has decided to appoint four thousand primary school teachers during the next financial year.
- There are enough schools in the state to accommodate four thousand additional primary school teachers.
- The eligible candidates may not be interested to apply as the government may not finally appoint such a large number of primary school teachers.
Statement: A warning in a train compartment - "To stop train, pull chain. Penalty for improper use Rs. 500."
- Some people misuse the alarm chain.
- On certain occasions, people may want to stop a running train.
Statement: If it is easy to become an engineer, I don't want to be an engineer.
- An individual aspires to be professional.
- One desires to achieve a thing which is hard earned.
Statement: The concession in rail fares for the journey to hill stations has been cancelled because it is not needed for people who can spend their holidays there.
- Railways should give concession only to needy persons.
- Railways should not encourage people to spend their holidays at hill stations.
Statement: "The bridge was built at the cost of Rs. 128 crores and even civil bus service is not utilizing it, what a pity to see it grossly underutilized." - A citizen's view on a new flyover linking east and west sides of a suburb.
- The building of such bridges does not serve any public objective.
- There has to be some accountability and utility of money spent on public projects.