Logical Reasoning - Statement and Assumption
In each question below is given a statement followed by two assumptions numbered I and II. You have to consider the statement and the following assumptions and decide which of the assumptions is implicit in the statement.
- (A) If only assumption I is implicit
- (B) If only assumption II is implicit
- (C) If either I or II is implicit
- (D) If neither I nor II is implicit
- (E) If both I and II are implicit.
Statement: Cases of food poisoning due to consumption of liquor are increasing in rural areas.
- Percentage of people consuming liquor is more in rural areas.
- There are many unauthorized spurious liquor shops in the rural areas.
Statement: Lack of stimulation in the first four or five years of life can have adverse consequences.
- A great part of the development of observed intelligence occurs in the earliest years of life
- 50 percent of the measurable intelligence at age of 17 is already predictable by the age of four.
Statement: The X-Airlines has decided to increase the passenger fare by 15 percent with immediate effect.
- The demand for seats of X-Airlines may remain unchanged even after the hike of fare.
- Other airline companies may also hike the passenger fares.
Statement: Shalini made an application to the bank for a loan of Rs. 1,80,000 by mortgaging her house to the bank and promised to repay it within five years.
- The bank has a practice of granting loans for Rs. 1,00,000 and above.
- The bank accepts house as collateral security against such loans.