Logical Reasoning - Statement and Assumption
In each question below is given a statement followed by two assumptions numbered I and II. You have to consider the statement and the following assumptions and decide which of the assumptions is implicit in the statement.
- (A) If only assumption I is implicit
- (B) If only assumption II is implicit
- (C) If either I or II is implicit
- (D) If neither I nor II is implicit
- (E) If both I and II are implicit.
Statement: Because of the large number of potholes in road X, reaching airport in time has become difficult.
- Reaching airport in time may not be always necessary.
- There is no other convenient road to the airport.
Statement: Safety and health practices in many Indian companies are well below the international standards.
- International standards of health and safety are ideal and unrealistic.
- Indian organizations do not consider safety and health management as their prime social responsibility.
Statement: Greater public participation results in good civic governance. - Statement of Municipal Commissioner of City A.
- The municipal office is not competent to effect good civic administration.
- Good civic governance is a matter of collective will and effort of the people and administration.
Statement: The regulatory authority has set up a review committee to find out the reasons for unstable stock prices.
- The investors may regain confidence in stock market by this decision.
- The review committee has the expertise to find out the causes for volatility in the stock market.
Statement: Please note that the company will provide accommodation to only outside candidates if selected.' - A condition in an advertisement.
- The local candidates would be having some other arrangement for their stay.
- The company plans to select only local candidates.