Logical Reasoning - Statement and Assumption
In each question below is given a statement followed by two assumptions numbered I and II. You have to consider the statement and the following assumptions and decide which of the assumptions is implicit in the statement.
- (A) If only assumption I is implicit
- (B) If only assumption II is implicit
- (C) If either I or II is implicit
- (D) If neither I nor II is implicit
- (E) If both I and II are implicit.
Statement: "You are hereby appointed as a programmer with a probation period of one year and your performance will be reviewed at the end of the period for confirmation." - A line in an appointment letter.
- The performance of an individual generally is not known at the time of appointment offer.
- Generally an individual tries to prove his worth in the probation period.
Statement: It is desirable to put the child in school at the age of 5 or so.
- At that age the child reaches appropriate level of development and is ready to learn.
- The schools do not admit children after six years of age.
Statement: "In order to bring punctuality in our office, we must provide conveyance allowance to our employees." - In charge of a company tells Personnel Manager.
- Conveyance allowance will not help in bringing punctuality.
- Discipline and reward should always go hand in hand.
Statement: Unemployment allowance should be given to all unemployed Indian youth above 18 years of age.
- There are unemployed youth in India who needs monetary support.
- The government has sufficient funds to provide allowance to all unemployed youth.
Statement: "If you trouble me, I will slap you." - A mother warns her child.
- With the warning, the child may stop troubling her.
- All children are basically naughty.