Logical Reasoning - Statement and Assumption - Discussion
In each question below is given a statement followed by two assumptions numbered I and II. You have to consider the statement and the following assumptions and decide which of the assumptions is implicit in the statement.
- (A) If only assumption I is implicit
- (B) If only assumption II is implicit
- (C) If either I or II is implicit
- (D) If neither I nor II is implicit
- (E) If both I and II are implicit.
Statement: It is desirable to put the child in school at the age of 5 or so.
- At that age the child reaches appropriate level of development and is ready to learn.
- The schools do not admit children after six years of age.
Therefore it is assumed that child has reached the the age where he is ready to learn.
Negating 2nd Assumption we have "School do admit students after 6 Years of age. ".
If it be the case still one can talk of putting the child in school at the age of 5 years.
So the two are independent and not related anyway.
Therefore II is not an assumption.