Logical Reasoning - Statement and Conclusion
In each question below is given a statement followed by two conclusions numbered I and II. You have to assume everything in the statement to be true, then consider the two conclusions together and decide which of them logically follows beyond a reasonable doubt from the information given in the statement.
- (A) If only conclusion I follows
- (B) If only conclusion II follows
- (C) If either I or II follows
- (D) If neither I nor II follows and
- (E) If both I and II follow.
Statements: The serious accident in which a person was run down by a car yesterday had again focused attention on the most unsatisfactory state of roads.
- The accident that occurred was fatal.
- Several accidents have so far taken place because of unsatisfactory state of roads.
Statements: In a recent survey report, it has been stated that those who undertake physical exercise for at least half an hour a day are less prone to have any heart ailments.
- Moderate level of physical exercise is necessary for leading a healthy life.
- All people who do desk-bound jobs definitely suffer from heart ailments.
Statements: A bird in hand is worth two in the bush.
- We should be content with what we have.
- We should not crave for what is not.
Statements: This world is neither good nor evil; each man manufactures a world for himself.
- Some people find this world quite good.
- Some people find this world quite bad.
Statements: The eligibility for admission to the course is minimum second class Master's degree. However, the candidates who have appeared for the final year examination of Master's degree can also apply.
- All candidates who have yet to get their Master's degree will be there in the list of selected candidates.
- All candidates having obtained second class Master's degree will be there in the list of selected candidates.