Logical Reasoning - Statement and Conclusion - Discussion
In each question below is given a statement followed by two conclusions numbered I and II. You have to assume everything in the statement to be true, then consider the two conclusions together and decide which of them logically follows beyond a reasonable doubt from the information given in the statement.
- (A) If only conclusion I follows
- (B) If only conclusion II follows
- (C) If either I or II follows
- (D) If neither I nor II follows and
- (E) If both I and II follow.
Statements: The serious accident in which a person was run down by a car yesterday had again focused attention on the most unsatisfactory state of roads.
- The accident that occurred was fatal.
- Several accidents have so far taken place because of unsatisfactory state of roads.