Logical Reasoning - Statement and Conclusion
In each question below is given a statement followed by two conclusions numbered I and II. You have to assume everything in the statement to be true, then consider the two conclusions together and decide which of them logically follows beyond a reasonable doubt from the information given in the statement.
- (A) If only conclusion I follows
- (B) If only conclusion II follows
- (C) If either I or II follows
- (D) If neither I nor II follows and
- (E) If both I and II follow.
Statements: Any student who does not behave properly while in the school brings bad name to himself and also for the school.
- Such student should be removed from the school.
- Stricter discipline does not improve behaviour of the students.
Statements: A Corporate General Manager asked four managers to either submit their resignations by the next day or face termination orders from service. Three of them had submitted their resignations by that evening.
- The next day, the remaining manager would also resign.
- The General Manager would terminate his services the next day.
Statements: Only good singers are invited in the conference. No one without sweet voice is a good singer.
- All invited singers in the conference have sweet voice.
- Those singers who do not have sweet voice are not invited in the conference.
Statements: To cultivate interest in reading, the school has made it compulsory from June this year for each student to read two books per week and submit a weekly report on the books.
- Interest in reading can be created by force.
- Some students will eventually develop interest in reading.
Statements: Applications of applicants who do no fulfil eligibility criteria and/or who do not submit applications before last date will be summarily rejected and will not be called for the written test.
- Those who are called for the written test are those who fulfil eligibility criteria and have submitted their applications before last date.
- Written test will be held only after scrutiny of applications.