Logical Reasoning - Statement and Conclusion - Discussion
In each question below is given a statement followed by two conclusions numbered I and II. You have to assume everything in the statement to be true, then consider the two conclusions together and decide which of them logically follows beyond a reasonable doubt from the information given in the statement.
- (A) If only conclusion I follows
- (B) If only conclusion II follows
- (C) If either I or II follows
- (D) If neither I nor II follows and
- (E) If both I and II follow.
Statements: A Corporate General Manager asked four managers to either submit their resignations by the next day or face termination orders from service. Three of them had submitted their resignations by that evening.
- The next day, the remaining manager would also resign.
- The General Manager would terminate his services the next day.
The general manager would terminate HIS services the next day.
If General manager is the corporate general manager, I think that "HIS" in the above sentence refers to himself and not the other manager who was asked to resign.
So in my opinion, A is the correct option.
So option B follows.
But since it is not sure that the remaining manager would definitely resign the next day.
Therefore, the answer should be B.