Logical Reasoning - Statement and Assumption
In each question below is given a statement followed by two assumptions numbered I and II. You have to consider the statement and the following assumptions and decide which of the assumptions is implicit in the statement.
- (A) If only assumption I is implicit
- (B) If only assumption II is implicit
- (C) If either I or II is implicit
- (D) If neither I nor II is implicit
- (E) If both I and II are implicit.
Statement: Municipal Corporation has decided to ban the entry of vehicles from sub-urban areas to the main city through main routes during peak hours to avoid traffic congestion.
- The people of sub-urban areas should not bring their vehicles during peak hours.
- There is no traffic congestion by the vehicles of people residing in the main city.
Statement: A good book, even if costly, is sold.
- Some books are better than others.
- Most of the books are costly.
Statement: World Health Organisation has decided to double its assistance to various health programmes in India as per-capita expenditure on health in India is very low compared to many other countries.
- The enhanced assistance may substantially increase the per-capita expenditure on health in India and bring it on par with other countries.
- The Government funding is less than adequate to provide medical facilities in India.
Statement: The President assured the people that elections will be held here after every five years,
- People are afraid that the elections may not be held at all.
- People are afraid that the elections may not be held after five years.
Statement: Interview conducted for selecting people for jobs should measure personality characteristics of candidates.
- Performance on job depends on personality characteristics.
- Personality characteristics can be measured in interview.