Logical Reasoning - Statement and Assumption - Discussion
In each question below is given a statement followed by two assumptions numbered I and II. You have to consider the statement and the following assumptions and decide which of the assumptions is implicit in the statement.
- (A) If only assumption I is implicit
- (B) If only assumption II is implicit
- (C) If either I or II is implicit
- (D) If neither I nor II is implicit
- (E) If both I and II are implicit.
Statement: The President assured the people that elections will be held here after every five years,
- People are afraid that the elections may not be held at all.
- People are afraid that the elections may not be held after five years.
So, the correct option should be E.
So, [A] or [E] holds TRUE.
[C] is clearly WRONG. It says either I or II. And, because both are implicit, means only II cannot be implicit (Otherwise president would have said "elections will be held here after next 5 years").