Logical Reasoning - Statement and Assumption - Discussion
In each question below is given a statement followed by two assumptions numbered I and II. You have to consider the statement and the following assumptions and decide which of the assumptions is implicit in the statement.
- (A) If only assumption I is implicit
- (B) If only assumption II is implicit
- (C) If either I or II is implicit
- (D) If neither I nor II is implicit
- (E) If both I and II are implicit.
Statement: World Health Organisation has decided to double its assistance to various health programmes in India as per-capita expenditure on health in India is very low compared to many other countries.
- The enhanced assistance may substantially increase the per-capita expenditure on health in India and bring it on par with other countries.
- The Government funding is less than adequate to provide medical facilities in India.
Hence I think only assumption II is correct since the funding (per capita expenditure on health) is low.
And how is it directly assumed that the WHO is funding based on the government's adequate fund?
WHO might be funding for any other reason as mentioned in the assumption 1 or something else.
So I feel only assumption 1 is implicit.