Logical Reasoning - Statement and Assumption
In each question below is given a statement followed by three assumptions numbered I, II and III. You have to consider the statement and the following assumptions, decide which of the assumptions is implicit in the statement and choose your answer accordingly.
Statement: "As our business is expanding, we need to appoint more staff." Owner of a company informs his staff.
- The present staff is not competent.
- More staff will further expand the business.
- Suitable persons to be taken as staff will be available.
Statement: The address of the Principal to the students, "Dear students, if you want a healthy mind, listen to music."
- Normally students like to follow good advice.
- It is desirable to develop a healthy mind.
- It is the duty of the Principal to advise the students.
Statement: The national air carrier has decided to start a weekly air service from town A to town B.
- There will be enough passengers to make the operation economically viable.
- Other carriers may not start such service.
- The people staying around these towns can afford the cost of air travel.
Statement: 'Move into the upper echelons without paying a steep price - Book a luxurious flat with us'. An advertisement of a construction company for its prestigious project.
- It is possible to join the select band of rich people by hard work.
- Staying in luxury without paying steep price is the criterion of upper crust of the society.
- Booking a luxurious flat is very easy now.
Statement: The school authority decided to open a summer school this year in the school compound for the students in the age range of 7 - 14 years.
- All the students will attend the summer school.
- All the parents will prefer to remain in the city than going out of town for enabling their children to attend the summer school.
- Those who cannot afford to go out of station will send their children to summer school.