Logical Reasoning - Statement and Assumption
In each question below is given a statement followed by three assumptions numbered I, II and III. You have to consider the statement and the following assumptions, decide which of the assumptions is implicit in the statement and choose your answer accordingly.
Statement: The university Authority has decided to decentralize conduct of terminal examinations and give this responsibility to each college for its students to avoid delay in declaration of results.
- The colleges are equipped to carry out this responsibility.
- There may not be uniformity in evaluation standard across the colleges.
- The students may welcome this new development.
Statement: Ten candidates, who were on the waiting list, could finally be admitted to the course.
- Wait-listed candidates do not ordinarily get admission.
- A large number of candidates were on the waiting list.
- The number of candidates to be admitted is small.
Statement: The successful man has the ability to judge himself correctly.
- Inability to judge correctly causes failure.
- To judge others is of no use to a successful man.
- The successful man cannot make a wrong judgement.
Statement: A State Government suspended two additional district judges.
- They were negligent in discharging duties.
- There was a charge of misconduct against them.
- The government officials were biased against them.
Statement: Bill Clinton is the second democrat to be re-elected as President of America, the other being the legendary Roosevelt.
- Clinton has the same qualities that Roosevelt had.
- The majority of people in America have faith in Clinton.
- The election campaign of Clinton's rivals was not impressive.