Logical Reasoning - Statement and Argument
Each question given below consists of a statement, followed by two arguments numbered I and II. You have to decide which of the arguments is a 'strong' argument and which is a 'weak' argument.
- (A) If only argument I is strong
- (B) If only argument II is strong
- (C) If either I or II is strong
- (D) If neither I nor II is strong and
- (E) If both I and II are strong.
Statement: Should there be an upper age limit of 65 years for contesting Parliamentary/ Legislative Assembly elections?
- Yes. Generally, people above the age of 65 lose their dynamism and will power.
- No. The life span is so increased that people remain physically and mentally active even up to the age of 80.
Statement: Should new big industries be started in Mumbai?
- Yes. It will create job opportunities.
- No. It will further add to the pollution of the city.
Statement: Should high chimneys be installed in industries?
- Yes. It reduces pollution at ground level.
- No. It increases pollution in upper atmosphere.
Statement: Does India need so many plans for development?
- Yes. Nothing can be achieved without proper planning.
- No. Too much time, money and energy is wasted on planning.
Statement: Should articles of only deserving authors be allowed to be published?
- Yes. It will save a lot of paper which is in short supply.
- No. It is not possible to draw a line between the deserving and the undeserving.