Logical Reasoning - Statement and Argument
Each question given below consists of a statement, followed by two arguments numbered I and II. You have to decide which of the arguments is a 'strong' argument and which is a 'weak' argument.
- (A) If only argument I is strong
- (B) If only argument II is strong
- (C) If either I or II is strong
- (D) If neither I nor II is strong and
- (E) If both I and II are strong.
Statement: Should children be legally made responsible to take care of their parents during their old age?
- Yes. Such matter can only be solved by legal means.
- Yes. Only this will bring some relief to poor parents.
Statement: Should there be reservation in Government jobs for candidates from single child family?
- No. This is not advisable as the jobs should be offered to only deserving candidates without any reservation for a particular group.
- Yes. This will help reduce the growing population in India as the parents will be encouraged to adopt single child norm.
Statement: Should higher education be completely stopped for some time?
- No. It will hamper the country's future progress.
- Yes. It will reduce the educated unemployment.
Statement: Should we scrap the 'Public Distribution System' in India?
- Yes, Protectionism is over, everyone must get the bread on his/her own.
- Yes. The poor do not get any benefit because of corruption.
Statement: Should India have no military force at all?
- No. Other countries in the world do not believe in non-violence.
- Yes. Many Indians believe in non-violence.