Logical Reasoning - Statement and Argument
Each question given below consists of a statement, followed by two arguments numbered I and II. You have to decide which of the arguments is a 'strong' argument and which is a 'weak' argument.
- (A) If only argument I is strong
- (B) If only argument II is strong
- (C) If either I or II is strong
- (D) If neither I nor II is strong and
- (E) If both I and II are strong.
Statement: Are nuclear families better than joint families?
- No. Joint families ensure security and also reduce the burden of work.
- Yes. Nuclear families ensure greater freedom.
Statement: Should government stop spending huge amounts of money on international sports?
- Yes. This money can be utilized for upliftment of the poor.
- No. Sports persons will be frustrated and will not get international exposure.
Statement: Should the railways immediately stop issuing free passes to all its employees?
- No. The employees have the right to travel free.
- Yes. This will help railways to provide better facility.
Statement: Should there be compulsory medical examination of both the man and the woman before they marry each other?
- No. This is an intrusion to the privacy of an individual and hence cannot be tolerated.
- Yes. This will substantially reduce the risk of giving birth to children with serious ailments.
Statement: Should there be a ban on product advertising?
- No. It is an age of advertising. Unless your advertisement is better than your other competitors, the product will not be sold.
- Yes. The money spent on advertising is very huge and it inflates the cost of the product.