Logical Reasoning - Statement and Argument - Discussion
Each question given below consists of a statement, followed by two arguments numbered I and II. You have to decide which of the arguments is a 'strong' argument and which is a 'weak' argument.
- (A) If only argument I is strong
- (B) If only argument II is strong
- (C) If either I or II is strong
- (D) If neither I nor II is strong and
- (E) If both I and II are strong.
Statement: Should there be an upper age limit of 65 years for contesting Parliamentary/ Legislative Assembly elections?
- Yes. Generally, people above the age of 65 lose their dynamism and will power.
- No. The life span is so increased that people remain physically and mentally active even up to the age of 80.
Since the explanation you provided says "The age of a person is no criterion for judging his mental capabilities and administrative qualities".
Then it implies even a college going student of; let's say class 12 (aged 18) can also contest!
I was thinking just because it is near retirement age, and they deserve to enjoy their retirement without the added stress.