Logical Reasoning - Statement and Argument - Discussion
Each question given below consists of a statement, followed by two arguments numbered I and II. You have to decide which of the arguments is a 'strong' argument and which is a 'weak' argument.
- (A) If only argument I is strong
- (B) If only argument II is strong
- (C) If either I or II is strong
- (D) If neither I nor II is strong and
- (E) If both I and II are strong.
Statement: Should new big industries be started in Mumbai?
- Yes. It will create job opportunities.
- No. It will further add to the pollution of the city.
Here both statements are true, but one is positive and another is negative. Follow the rules below to overcome confusion.
WHEN THE BOTH STATEMENTS ARE TRUE;
1) + and +,- and - take both.
2)+ and -, take either.
Because in my opinion, both are strong.