Logical Reasoning - Statement and Argument - Discussion
Each question given below consists of a statement, followed by two arguments numbered I and II. You have to decide which of the arguments is a 'strong' argument and which is a 'weak' argument.
- (A) If only argument I is strong
- (B) If only argument II is strong
- (C) If either I or II is strong
- (D) If neither I nor II is strong and
- (E) If both I and II are strong.
Statement: Does India need so many plans for development?
- Yes. Nothing can be achieved without proper planning.
- No. Too much time, money and energy is wasted on planning.
I believe the word 'nothing' is extreme. We can still achieve things without planning. Going by the words, literally means that USSR was the first country to adopt proper 5 year plans for development. A lot of countries developed without them.
So, according to me, it should be neither.