Logical Reasoning - Statement and Argument - Discussion
Each question given below consists of a statement, followed by two arguments numbered I and II. You have to decide which of the arguments is a 'strong' argument and which is a 'weak' argument.
- (A) If only argument I is strong
- (B) If only argument II is strong
- (C) If either I or II is strong
- (D) If neither I nor II is strong and
- (E) If both I and II are strong.
Statement: Should articles of only deserving authors be allowed to be published?
- Yes. It will save a lot of paper which is in short supply.
- No. It is not possible to draw a line between the deserving and the undeserving.
1st is a weak argument.
2nd : in the 2nd argument it is said "it is impossible to draw the line", this impossible word makes it weak because it might be difficult to draw line between deserving and non-deserving but not impossible. So this argument is also weak.
Here before publishing we cannot differentiate them as deserving and undeserving. So I feel it's the correct option.