Logical Reasoning - Statement and Argument
Each question given below consists of a statement, followed by two arguments numbered I and II. You have to decide which of the arguments is a 'strong' argument and which is a 'weak' argument.
- (A) If only argument I is strong
- (B) If only argument II is strong
- (C) If either I or II is strong
- (D) If neither I nor II is strong and
- (E) If both I and II are strong.
Statement: Should the tuition fees in all post-graduate courses be hiked considerably?
- Yes. This will bring in some sense of seriousness among the students and will improve the quality.
- No. This will force the meritorious poor students to stay away from post-graduate courses.
Statement: Should the persons below the age of 18 years be allowed to join armed forces?
- No. Persons below the age of 18 do not attain both physical and mental maturity to shoulder such burden.
- Yes. This will help the country develop its armed forces which will serve the country for a longer time.
Statement: Should all the infrastructural development projects in India be handed over to the private sector?
- No. The private sector entities are hot equipped to handle such projects.
- Yes. Such projects are handled by private sector in the developed countries.
Statement: Should all the colleges in India be allowed to devise their own curriculum and syllabus for the vocational courses promoting self-employment?
- Yes. This is an important step to generate employment opportunities.
- No. This will affect the quality of education due to lack of uniformity in syllabus.
Statement: Should agriculture in rural India be mechanized?
- Yes. It would lead to higher production.
- No. Many villagers would be left unemployed.