Logical Reasoning - Statement and Argument - Discussion
Each question given below consists of a statement, followed by two arguments numbered I and II. You have to decide which of the arguments is a 'strong' argument and which is a 'weak' argument.
- (A) If only argument I is strong
- (B) If only argument II is strong
- (C) If either I or II is strong
- (D) If neither I nor II is strong and
- (E) If both I and II are strong.
Statement: Should the tuition fees in all post-graduate courses be hiked considerably?
- Yes. This will bring in some sense of seriousness among the students and will improve the quality.
- No. This will force the meritorious poor students to stay away from post-graduate courses.
Another example: French students who pay very little and don't take their studies seriously at all.