Logical Reasoning - Statement and Conclusion - Discussion
In each question below is given a statement followed by two conclusions numbered I and II. You have to assume everything in the statement to be true, then consider the two conclusions together and decide which of them logically follows beyond a reasonable doubt from the information given in the statement.
- (A) If only conclusion I follows
- (B) If only conclusion II follows
- (C) If either I or II follows
- (D) If neither I nor II follows and
- (E) If both I and II follow.
Statements: The T.V. programmes, telecast specially for women are packed with a variety of recipes and household hints. A major portion of magazines for women also contains the items mentioned above.
- Women are not interested in other things.
- An average woman's primary interest lies in home and specially in the kitchen.
If the statement states successful or popular women's magazines for women contained those items, then option B would be justified. As it states correctly, however, there is an underlying and unwritten assumption that magazines written for women accurately reflect their interests.