Logical Reasoning - Statement and Conclusion
In each question below is given a statement followed by two conclusions numbered I and II. You have to assume everything in the statement to be true, then consider the two conclusions together and decide which of them logically follows beyond a reasonable doubt from the information given in the statement.
- (A) If only conclusion I follows
- (B) If only conclusion II follows
- (C) If either I or II follows
- (D) If neither I nor II follows and
- (E) If both I and II follow.
Statements: In Japan, the incidence of stomach cancer is very high, while that of bowel cancer is very low. But Japanese immigrate to Hawaii, this is reversed - the rate of bowel cancer increases but the rate of stomach cancer is reduced in the next generation. All this is related to nutrition - the diets of Japanese in Hawaii are different than those in Japan.
- The same diet as in Hawaii should be propagated in Japan also.
- Bowel cancer is less severe than stomach cancer.
Statements: The Government run company had asked its employees to declare their income and assets but it has been strongly resisted by employees union and no employee is going to declare his income.
- The employees of this company do not seem to have any additional undisclosed income besides their salary.
- The employees union wants all senior officers to declare their income first.
Statements: Monitoring has become an integral part in the planning of social development programmes. It is recommended that Management Information System be developed for all programmes. This is likely to give a feedback on the performance of the functionaries and the efficacy with which services are being delivered.
- All the social development programmes should be evaluated.
- There is a need to monitor the performance of workers.
Statements: The T.V. programmes, telecast specially for women are packed with a variety of recipes and household hints. A major portion of magazines for women also contains the items mentioned above.
- Women are not interested in other things.
- An average woman's primary interest lies in home and specially in the kitchen.
Statements: The distance of 900 km by road between Bombay and Jafra will be reduced to 280 km by sea. This will lead to a saving of Rs. 7.92 crores per annum on fuel.
- Transportation by sea is cheaper than that by road.
- Fuel must be saved to the greatest extent