Logical Reasoning - Statement and Argument - Discussion
Each question given below consists of a statement, followed by two arguments numbered I and II. You have to decide which of the arguments is a 'strong' argument and which is a 'weak' argument.
- (A) If only argument I is strong
- (B) If only argument II is strong
- (C) If either I or II is strong
- (D) If neither I nor II is strong and
- (E) If both I and II are strong.
Statement: Should all the annual examinations up to Std. V be abolished?
- Yes. The young students should not be burdened with such examinations which hampers their natural growth.
- No. The students will not study seriously as they will get automatic promotion to the next class and this will affect them in future.
After Class-5, it will be very difficult for the child to adjust with examination curriculum and many of the students may lag behind.
B should be the answer.
If they don't give annual exam for 5 years and suddenly in 6th standard they give annual exam that takes more pressure to them. So the school authorities have to apply less percentage pass marks and checking the copies lightly and ensure that all students pass their standards so that they are acquainted with the exam which helps them in future.