Civil Engineering - Concrete Technology - Discussion

49. 

To hydrate 500kg of cement full water needed, is

[A]. 100 kg
[B]. 110 kg
[C]. 120 kg
[D]. 130 kg
[E]. 140 kg

Answer: Option D

Explanation:

No answer description available for this question.

Aravind Gottumukkala said: (Aug 29, 2014)  
% wt of water required for full hydration is 38% by wt of cement.

i.e., 38*150/100 = 57 kg.

Amar Deep Tiwari said: (Sep 20, 2014)  
% wt of water required for full hydration is 26% by wt of cement.

i.e., 26*500/100 = 130 kg.

Soumya Choudhury said: (Mar 19, 2015)  
Actually it is 25% of corresponding water of cement.

So 500*0.25 = 125 kg. But according to option given answer will be 130 kg.

Sudhansu Bhagat said: (May 14, 2016)  
24%for Hydration of cement + 15% Jel of water.

So 24 * 500 :- 120liter.

Nazira said: (Oct 20, 2016)  
For complete reaction, 38% of water by weight of cement is required.
0.38 * 500 = 190 kg.

But the answer given in this option is 130kg.

How?Can anybody explain?

Swapnil Pokulwar said: (Nov 19, 2016)  
For 50kg cement, 35 kg water is needed.

So, for 500kg its 135 = 130kg.

Apcivilian said: (Nov 24, 2016)  
For chemical reaction 23% water needed.
For complete reaction it is 38%.

Suresh said: (Dec 21, 2016)  
23% for hydration and 15% to fill gel pores.

Saifalikhan said: (Jun 18, 2017)  
25% for hyderation and 20% to fill gel pores.

Vijay said: (Aug 13, 2017)  
23+15=bound water +gel water = full hydration=0.38.
So w/c=0.38=w/500 so w=500 * 0.38=190.

Minesh said: (Jan 6, 2018)  
25% water need to full hydrate of cement.

Jayrajsinh said: (Feb 8, 2018)  
Cement 500= 0.35 m3 ( 50 kg cement =0.035 m3 cement )
Water Req for cement 38 %.
= 0.35 * 38/woo.
= 0.133 m3 Water.

From Water Density.
1000 kg/m3 = (kg/0.133 m3).
Water = 133 kg.

Shahbaz said: (Apr 19, 2018)  
Thanks for the answer @Jayrasinhi.

Uday Singh said: (Aug 28, 2018)  
Cement 500= 0.33 m3 ( 50 kg cement =0.033 m3 cement).

Water Req for cement 38 %.
= 0.33 * 38/woo.
= 0.127 m3 Water.

From Water Density.
1000 kg/m3 = (kg/0.127 m3).
Water = 127 kg.

Uma Mahesh said: (Sep 6, 2018)  
Normally the standard weight of cement bag = 50kg it requires 35 litres of water.

So 500 kg of cement bag required = 500*35/50 = 135 litres of water.

Ihsanullah said: (Nov 5, 2018)  
Water required from 26 to 35 percent.

Vineet said: (Sep 21, 2019)  
0.35*0.38 = 0.133.
0.133 * 1000 = 133kg.

Ali Zafar said: (Dec 5, 2019)  
It has been further estimated that about 15% by weight of cement is required to fill up the gel pores and 23% is used for hydation of cement process. So total 38% is required.

Soumya said: (Apr 19, 2020)  
For hydration of cement 23% of water is required.

So, for 500 kg cement, the answer should be 115kg.

Gurjant Singh Sawna said: (Jul 6, 2020)  
For complete hydration, 38% water is needed.

So 500*38/100 = 190 then how the answer is 130?

Vishal said: (Aug 28, 2020)  
Total water requirements for Complete the chemical reaction Is 38 %,

So, 38 * 500 = 19.

Because 23% of the water required for hydration process & 15 water is required for filling the gell pores.

So, total (23+15) = 38% water is required to complete the total chemical reaction.

Rahul Rana said: (Sep 12, 2020)  
@Gurjant Singh Sawna.

For Hydration of cement only it requires *26% of water by Mass* for 500kg of cement it will be 130 kg of water.

Those who are saying 38% or 40% it is for (*Hydration+ gel pores filling*).

It is NOT necessary that for the process of "Hydration" the gel pores should be "saturated".

We think that fully hydration means for "chemical reaction & pores filling" both but Hydration means chemical reaction btwn cement and water only.

Lund Chut said: (Oct 5, 2020)  
@ Rahul Rana.


For hydration, it needs 23 per cent for hydration and 15 per cent for filling gel space.

Lund Chut said: (Oct 5, 2020)  
@Rahul Rana.

For hydration, it needs 23 per cent for hydration and 15 per cent for filling gel space.

Ajay Kumar Yadav said: (Oct 17, 2020)  
We have, w/c=0.26.
W= 0.26 *500 = 130.

Post your comments here:

Name *:

Email   : (optional)

» Your comments will be displayed only after manual approval.