Logical Reasoning - Statement and Conclusion - Discussion
In each question below is given a statement followed by two conclusions numbered I and II. You have to assume everything in the statement to be true, then consider the two conclusions together and decide which of them logically follows beyond a reasonable doubt from the information given in the statement.
- (A) If only conclusion I follows
- (B) If only conclusion II follows
- (C) If either I or II follows
- (D) If neither I nor II follows and
- (E) If both I and II follow.
Statements: Until our country achieves economic equality, political freedom and democracy would be meaningless.
- Political freedom and democracy go hand in hand.
- Economic equality leads to real political freedom and democracy.
The statement: There can no be democracy without economic development would be true (necessary).
That means for B (democracy) to exist, a (economy) must be present. The statement that b follows from a is a completely different statement which is often not true. Thus II is complete speculation.