Logical Reasoning - Statement and Conclusion
- Statement and Conclusion - Section 1
- Statement and Conclusion - Section 2
- Statement and Conclusion - Section 3
In each question below is given a statement followed by two conclusions numbered I and II. You have to assume everything in the statement to be true, then consider the two conclusions together and decide which of them logically follows beyond a reasonable doubt from the information given in the statement.
- (A) If only conclusion I follows
- (B) If only conclusion II follows
- (C) If either I or II follows
- (D) If neither I nor II follows and
- (E) If both I and II follow.
Statements: Jade plant has thick leaves and it requires little water.
- All plants with thick leaves require little water.
- Jade plants may be grown in places where water is not in abundance.
Statements: Use "Kraft" colours. They add colour to our life. - An advertisement.
- Catchy slogans do not attract people.
- People like dark colours.
Statements: All those political prisoners were released on bail who had gone to jail for reasons other than political dharnas. Bail was not granted to persons involved in murders.
- No political - prisoner had committed murder.
- Some politicians were not arrested.
Statements: Modern man influences his destiny by the choice he makes unlike in the past.
- Earlier there were fewer options available to man.
- There was no desire in the past to influence the destiny.
Statements: Water supply in wards A and B of the city will be affected by about 50% on Friday because repairing work of the main lines is to be carried out.
- The residents in these wards should economise on water on Friday.
- The residents in these wards should store some water on the previous day.