Logical Reasoning - Statement and Assumption - Discussion
Discussion Forum : Statement and Assumption - Section 3 (Q.No. 37)
Directions to Solve
In each question below is given a statement followed by two assumptions numbered I and II. You have to consider the statement and the following assumptions and decide which of the assumptions is implicit in the statement.
- (A) If only assumption I is implicit
- (B) If only assumption II is implicit
- (C) If either I or II is implicit
- (D) If neither I nor II is implicit
- (E) If both I and II are implicit.
Statement: Retired persons should not be appointed for executive posts in other organisations.
- Retired persons may lack the zeal and commitment to carry out executive's work.
- Retired persons do not take interest in the work and welfare of the new organisation.
Since both I and II do not follow from the statement, so neither of them is implicit.
Discussion:4 comments Page 1 of 1.
Pranjal said: 3 years ago
I think as option 1 contains "may" in it, so A should be the right answer.
Saikiran said: 7 years ago
Retired people cannot do a tough job so I think that assumption 1 is true >> if they did we surely would hire them. Don't you think so?
Dahlia said: 8 years ago
Why I do not understand? Can anyone explain?
Zeib said: 8 years ago
I think both are implied here because both statements strengthen the conclusion that retired people should not be appointed as arguments.
Post your comments here: