Logical Reasoning - Statement and Assumption - Discussion
In each question below is given a statement followed by two assumptions numbered I and II. You have to consider the statement and the following assumptions and decide which of the assumptions is implicit in the statement.
- (A) If only assumption I is implicit
- (B) If only assumption II is implicit
- (C) If either I or II is implicit
- (D) If neither I nor II is implicit
- (E) If both I and II are implicit.
Statement: "In order to bring punctuality in our office, we must provide conveyance allowance to our employees." - In charge of a company tells Personnel Manager.
- Conveyance allowance will not help in bringing punctuality.
- Discipline and reward should always go hand in hand.
In the main statement, the author is nowhere talking about discipline and all. Please explain.
Were it the case that, conveyance allowance will be given on punctuality basis then option B would have made sense. But clearly that is not the case here.
As conveneyance is provided only to help people so that they can come on time with. This have nothing to do with discipline.