Logical Reasoning - Statement and Argument - Discussion
Each question given below consists of a statement, followed by two arguments numbered I and II. You have to decide which of the arguments is a 'strong' argument and which is a 'weak' argument.
- (A) If only argument I is strong
- (B) If only argument II is strong
- (C) If either I or II is strong
- (D) If neither I nor II is strong and
- (E) If both I and II are strong.
Statement: Should the persons below the age of 18 years be allowed to join armed forces?
- No. Persons below the age of 18 do not attain both physical and mental maturity to shoulder such burden.
- Yes. This will help the country develop its armed forces which will serve the country for a longer time.
Argument II however makes a logical point. If people are younger at the age of joining they will be able to serve longer. That is a fact.
Therefore, in my opinion, only Argument II is strong.