Logical Reasoning - Statement and Argument
Each question given below consists of a statement, followed by two arguments numbered I and II. You have to decide which of the arguments is a 'strong' argument and which is a 'weak' argument.
- (A) If only argument I is strong
- (B) If only argument II is strong
- (C) If either I or II is strong
- (D) If neither I nor II is strong and
- (E) If both I and II are strong.
Statement: Should there be uniforms for students in the colleges in India as in the schools?
- Yes, this will improve the ambience of the colleges as all the students will be decently dressed.
- No. The college students should not be regimented and they should be left to choose their clothes for coming to the college.
Statement: Should India engage into a dialogue with neighbouring countries to stop cross border tension?
- Yes. This is the only way to reduce the cross border terrorism and stop loss of innocent lives.
- No. Neighbouring countries cannot be relied upon in such matters, they may still engage in subversive activities.
Statement: Should there be a world government?
- Yes. It will help in eliminating tensions among the nations.
- No. Then, only the developed countries will dominate in the government.
Statement: Should the practice of transfers of clerical cadre employees from government offices of one city to those of another be stopped?
- No. Transfer of employees is a routine administrative matter and we must continue it.
- Yes. It involves lot of governmental expenditure and inconvenience too many compared to the benefits it yields.
Statement: Is paying ransom or agreeing to the conditions of kidnappers of political figures, a proper course of action?
- Yes. The victims must be saved at all cost.
- No. It encourages the kidnappers to continue their sinister activities.